Do you want to find out how to clean Sunbrella awning fabric? Rest assured: the custom awning specialists from Groupe Bellon Prestige are there to assist you.
Sunbrella uses breathable materials in the design of its canvases. They are therefore perfectly suited to cover custom awnings. Sunbrella fabric is capable of offering a perfect shaded area to be protected from the sun’s harmful rays.
To preserve your awning, it’s important to clean it properly. Since awnings get dirty during the summer and fall, our experts have put together a comprehensive guide on cleaning Sunbrella fabrics.
What are the advantages of choosing Sunbrella fabric for your custom awning?
Did you know that the famous Montreal Bateau-Mouche has canvases made of Sunbrella fabric? Sunbrella offers high-quality canvases. These canvases are as stylish as they are durable. This fabric is resistant to discoloration and mildew. It is also easy to care for. You will therefore be able to preserve the aesthetics of your patio for longer.
The Sunbrella awning fabric also comes in a wide range of colors. It is therefore easy to match them to different patio styles. Understated and plain, extravagant and colorful, stripes or patterns—the choice is yours.
How to clean Sunbrella awning fabric
Here is how to clean Sunbrella fabric on custom awnings to ensure a long lifespan for them.
How to clean Sunbrella awning fabric in 5 simple steps
- Start by watering the Sunbrella fabric. Rinse and remove large bits of debris.
- With the help of a soft-bristled brush, brush the fabric with a mixture of warm water and mild soap or suggested cleaner by your specialist.
- Don’t scrub the canvas aggressively or you risk damaging it. Take your time and let the soap penetrate the canvas.
- Rinse the fabric completely until there is no longer any soap foam and the water is clear.
- Do this work on a sunny day and leave time for the canvas to dry.
If the canvas still has stains, repeat these steps. After a repetition, if there are still stains, here is how to get rid of them without damaging the fabric.
How to get rid of stubborn stains
Stubborn stains and mildew are difficult to remove when they become embedded in the fabric. We therefore recommend using soap and more active detergents to clean your custom awning.
- Use a mixture of water and bleach. 1 litre of water for 250 mL of bleach and 60 mL of mild liquid soap.
- Spread this solution over the stubborn stains and let work for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse off all the residue and air-dry the awning.
Knowing how to clean awnings made with Sunbrella fabric will allow you to preserve them for many years. Above all, don’t hesitate to repeat these steps if the stains persist. Otherwise, entrust the cleaning of your awning canvas to a specialized company.
How to store your awning for the winter
To preserve your canvas, store it in a dry, heated, and secure location. Besides knowing how to clean awnings made with Sunbrella fabric, it’s also important to know how to store them properly.
Ensure that the canvas is clean and dry before storing it. Otherwise, bad smells and mildew will surprise you when spring arrives. If you don’t have space to store your awning, don’t hesitate to call on a storage service for awning canvases.
Contact Groupe Bellon Prestige to discover the services offered by our team specializing in custom awnings. We will be pleased to take your call and answer all your questions.